Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Equal to Summicron 50!?!
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:30:48 -0500

Eric Welch wrote:

> > Check out the Jan. 2000 Pop Photo. Evidently the Leica gnomes have been
> > cloistered and toiling mightily.
>
> Some of us won't dirty our hands with Herbert Kepler's personal SLR booster
> rag. What did they say?

Pop Photo's January issue has a very favorable review of the M6 .85 TTL
(including shutter speed accuracy tested to be within 1/10th of a stop
across the range!!!). There are tests of the 21 ASPH, 35/1.4 ASPH and 90
ASPH. Each is concluded to be the best available in its class, albeit
(repeatedly) at high cost. Interestingly, the new Canon 35/1.4 was just
reviewed by the same magazine, "beating" the L35/1.4 ASPH at the three
largest apertures according to Pop Photo's "SQF" numbers.

David W. Almy
Annapolis