Subject: [Leica] Leica lust in college
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 07:50:14 -0500

Eric, Tom,

A little over 20 years ago, when I was working on a B.S. in photography
at the Rochester Institute of Technology, I borrowed an M4-2 from "the
cage" for a class assignment, and was hooked. The cage was the school's
loaner dept., which had oh-so-little Leica equipment. The mythical
camera, usable for just a couple of days, impressed the hell about me
and instantly extended my life's Christmas wish list.

Took me a while to scrape together the $30+k I've spent on Leica stuff
in the last three years, but the seed planted long ago finally took
root, and I'm a very happy "customer" (with 4 M/R bodies and 9 lenses).
My wife just took delivery of a 2000 Boxster, too! (What's wrong with
this picture?!)

It won't help next quarter's P&L, but perhaps part of Solms' strategy
should be to appeal to tomorrow's photogs as well.

David W. Almy
Annapolis