Subject: RE: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Lenses reviewed in CI #220
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:22:56 -0000

> sometime around 12/14/99 2:58 AM, B. D. Colen at
> bdcolen@earthlink.net was
> heard  to write:
>
> > Eric...Screw the lenses...To paraphrase James Carville,
> "It's the body,
> > stupid!" :-) If one already has the Leica glass, and M
> bodies, IF the Konica
> > body proves to be hardy and as described, doesn't it in
> fact provide most of
> > the modern amenities for those times you might want them -
> without anyone's
> > having to muck around the with the proven perfection of the M line?
>
> B. D.
>
> But my point is it doesn't work as well with 1.4 lenses. What
> good is it if
> it can't do what a Leica can do in Leica conditions?
>
> --
>
> Eric Welch

Eric - IF you're correct about the inability of the Hexar to focus the
faster lenses with sufficient accuracy, then I agree with you. But we don't
yet have the answer to that particular question. Additionally, the 21 is a
2.8 lens that a blind man could focus by feel, as are the 24 and 28...and
while I love my Summilux 35 ASPH, I seem to recall that there is a
world-class f 2 35....so....