Subject: [Leica] scanning
From: "Rod Fleming" <rodfleming@sol.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:01:54 -0000

Hi

Eno wrote

What about the adaptec scsi-pc card in terms of performance capabilities
with the LS-1000?
I need to transfer this to my laptop (color accuracy!) - 192ram 400PII, etc.
Should I be awaiting disaster?
With scanner results, that is...
I assume it should work technically... but that's only an assumption.
Thanks Much>

Sorry, maybe I did not make myself clear. The AVA 1505 or equivalent is
easily fast enough for use with the LS-1000. Fast SCSI cards are designed to
support SCSI hard drives and such like- the transfer rates from even a very
quick scanner are nothing like as fast.

But if you're scanning on a laptop, wouldn't you be better with a PCMCIA
slot-card SCSI controller? That's what I use. Otherwise you'll need a
docking station with a conventional slot.

Cheers

Rod