Subject: Re: [Leica] Dec 22 FULL MOON SHOOT: Double Exposure
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 08:59:57 -0700

Well I hope no one minded finding out that Ted was not an astronomical
genius. Heck I would be happy to be a regular genius as he so obviously is.
Now to double exposures of the moon. It is still possible in a round about
way. First take a roll of moon shots then reload the same roll and insert
the moon where ever you want. My only warning would be to choose your
subject manner carefully as shots with moon at 2/3s of the frame and a
little girl with puppy/ flowers/ kitten/a delightful expression/etc will
cause complete heart arrest at fifty paces. First load the camera with the
shutter released and not wound on. Before you close the back of the camera,
mark the leader against some reference mark on the body. Close the back and
wind on to frame one expose your moons in a sequence such as first three in
LH corner, next three in the RH corner, etc. When the roll is complete or as
many moons as you want, rewind carefully so that the leader remains out of
the film canister. Now reload exactly the same way, being very careful to
line up the reference marks on the film and camera body. You always have to
start with a fresh roll of film but you can only do a few moon frames if you
want to, just remember to take careful notes. Do not forget I warned you how
most photographers will greet annoyingly cloy juxtapositions.

John Collier (already regretting the possible results of this post)