Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nikon LS-2000 sample - Gary D. Whalen
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 07:45:45 -0800

At 9:39 AM -0500 12/11/99, RBedw51767@aol.com wrote:
>your example.  Todays teenage boys and girls have
>already seen more on the net  than a naked woman standing in the window.
>This may be offensive to you but it will not even get a giggle from todays
>teens.  To think differently is certainly being naive.

This is naive, lumping all kids on the net into this category. This
is certainly not the case. I don't know if Gary's description of the
photo is true or not, but if he's right - and I have no reason to
doubt it at this point, since the page is down - I find this
discussion typical of net interchange. People jump on the person they
perceive to be trying to criticize nudity, when that wasn't it at
all. It was his opinion, and that is that.

>.  He has assumed that
>other LUGGERS were adults and would accept his examples in the same light
>that they were intended.

And you think this assumption is correct? Close doesn't count. Assume
is always a dangerous approach.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

I can resist anything but temptation.