Subject: Re: [Leica] How make your own website?
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 17:01:15 -0300

At 08:45 PM 08/12/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am interested to establish a small, non-commercial website just in order to
>share some of my pictures with the world. Is there anybody who can recommend a
>textbook or website were I can learn quickly how to do it? Please consider
that
>I am computer literate, capable to install standard software and use a
>screwdriver on my computer, but I am neither willing, nor able to play around
>with my computer for hours every night. It is just a tool for me.
>
>Hans-Peter

Use the Composer software that comes with Netscape Communicator 4.0 or better.
ver 4.7 is now Downloadable for free on the Netscape site.

A little more sophisticated, a bit more design control and a little pricier,
is Adobe PageMill 3.0.

Hotmetal Pro is also pretty good ...and cheap.

Stay away from MS-Front Page, Adobe GoLive and Dreamweaver.  As good as they
are, there is a steep learning curve. I use Dreamweaver now, but it took a
week to learn how to use it to it's fullest abilities.

here is a page done with Adobe PageMill...

http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm

.... no, you don't have to buy the book! :^)

have fun and learn somethng new!!

Greg Locke                           locke@straylight.ca
St. John's, Newfoundland.            http://www.straylight.ca
TOUCHED BY FIRE: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm