Subject: [Leica] An inersting afternoon shoot
From: "Harrison McClary" <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 10:43:27 -0600

A few weeks ago I had an assignment to do a photo-shoot in a Photo
Journalism class at Western Kentucky University.  WKU's PJ sequence is
2nd to Missouri...in other words VERY good.

I walked into the class right as they were about to look over the work
from the previous assignment.  I made photos throughout the class with
my M6 and Noctilux and 28 elmarit (I REALLY want the 35 summilux
ASPH!!).  The class was very interesting.  It was the intro class and
some of these kids had never done any photography before some had....all
in all their work was very nice and boy could they print for beginners!!
It was interesting to me as in my career I have worked with many western
graduates and the teacher showed photos by some of them...kinda cool to
see him holding up photos friend & co workers shot 15 years ago in one
of his classes and hear him discuss it.

If any of ya'll have kids interested in photography and they are ready
for college...send them to WKU after seeing this class I can see why
their students had such a head start on me.  It took me two years in the
"real" world to get where the Western grads were upon graduating...and
Michael Morse, the dept head, is a super guy and knows his stuff.  He is
former president of NPPA, National Press Photographers Association and
has taught some great shooters the game.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net