Subject: Re: [Leica] Renewed website
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:37:13 -0500

1999-12-07-09:48:24 Greg Locke:
> http://www.straylight.ca
>
> I offer it up for your torture testing.

I saw some very appealing work... and then the site fell over.  The
host still seems to be up (nmap says it smells like Windows NT/98/95)
but the web-server stopped picking up the phone.  When will people
stop trying to host web-sites on the wormeaten infrastructure pushed
by Microsoft?  If you can actually manage to get work done in their
desktop environment, fine, use it;  but NT and IIS are not a quality
server architecture.  Ick.  And yes, the connectivity through
kingston.net still seems to be there -- it must be the "software".

Sorry, I seem to have drifted a teeny bit off topic.  The acceptance
of mediocrity bothers me -- which feeds into the Leica thing, I guess.
See, wrested it back!