Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 advice
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:44:49 EST

Mark, The very early M2 # 926000 and for the next couple of 1000's had a very
irritating rewind button. You had to hold it in while you rewound, later
Leica put the 'click stop" on it. It would stay in "rewind" mode until you
pulled on the advance arm again. There is to my knowledge no other functional
difference between the various M2's. Great camera too, the ultimate Leica in
my book. Works perfectly with the 35. You can do a lot of thing with the
2-step rule 'Need a wide-angle, take 2 steps back wards, need a 50, take 2
steps forward."
Tom A (hoarder of M2's)!