Subject: Re: [Leica] a few Leica announcements
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 04:51:33 -0500

1999-12-06-03:22:08 Photovilla@aol.com:
> They have now officially announced a BLACK PAINT M6 TTL.

Aargh!  (For two reasons).

One: I just bought an M6 HM TTL, so I'd have a second HM body.  This
brings me to, at least, the most M bodies I can possibly justify... and,
at most, to the point of wretched excess.  So I'd be a very very sickly
over-indulgent boy if I bought one of these.

Two: I still just don't think I really like the TTL (for reasons
detailed earlier).  So... that may save me from black-paint seduction,
but God help me if they issued a black-paint pre-TTL HM body: I'd be
all over it, and damn the torpedoes.

So, whatever happened to that black-paint body the LHSA was planning
to commission?  Did that ever happen?

So... this new body: is it black paint over lovely brass, the way it's
meant to be?

No, no, no...  No more M6 bodies, Jeff.  Go take pictures.

 -Jeff M.