Subject: [Leica] Re: 180 f3.4 Apo Telyt
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 15:49:10 -0800

The APO 3.4 is an exemplary lens. However, it is a specialized lens. It was
designed for surveillance (military use) and therefore it is best used at
long distances. It is also very filter unfriendly. This is from personal
experience. I found the non-APO 180/2.8 a much better all-around lens than
the 3.4 APO. I'm sure you will find that your 180/2.8 APO will blow the 3.4
away for at least 90% of the time. Perhaps 100%.

Jim