Subject: Re: [Leica] New guy's question about M2
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 19:43:18 -0500

leica@kubo.uchicago.edu wrote:

>    Hi everyone:
>     I just got my old "new" M2 a couple days ago and became a proud
>    owner of Leica M. Now I have a question: the M2 has a manual adjusted
>    frame counter. How do I re-zero it when I finish a roll? I tried
>    to rotate the ring but it just refused to move after 4-5 ticks.
>    I also got a summaron 35/3.5 and elmar 50/2.8. I am still waiting for
>    the result back from the lab. Quite exiciting!!!
>
> Min-yi Shen

You should be able to just use your finger to rotate it.  The rewind lever
may have to be engaged (that is, in the "R" position) for it to work.

I don't really know, since I never bother resetting it.  I just shoot
until I reach the end of the roll, at which time you know it's time to
reload.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |