Subject: Re: [Leica] What the heck
From: TM <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 14:08:49 -0800

I bought the Contax Aria last week and the Zeiss 50 mm 1.4 lens. Why? Because
there are times I don't feel like lugging my R8 and several heavy R lenses around
for certain photo shoots. The Aria is a single lens reflex jewel: smallish,
extremely lightweight, has a bright viewfinder that shows 95% of your subject,
and the compatible lenses are nowhere near as heavy as Leica's Rs. However, my R8
certainly will not collect dust, for it is clearly one of the most ergonomically
designed camera bodies in the history of photography and I crave taking it out
weekly. BTW, there is an excellent 4-page article/review on the Aria and
available lenses in the Nov/Dec issue of Photo Techniques by Mike Johnston.

Terry

"Are you wearing a jockstrap?" Kathie Lee Gifford, after David Letterman asked
her whether she wore a bra, on the Late Show. (Dedicated to Ted Grant herein)