Subject: Re: [Leica] Duck l'rougedot
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 07:55:41 -0800

Mike wrote:
>>Mark,
>>Let's just say I think you'd be in an extremely small minority treating
>>the M6 as a "viable commercial system." <g>>>>>>>

Tina responded:
>Mike -
>
>Count me in the minority.  I'm using the M6 for everything except Macro and
>19mm.<<<<<<<<

Hi Mike:

I take it by the "smiley <g>" after your comment to Mark that you were
tongue in cheek. I should certainly hope so. As Tina has commented, she
uses her M6 gear for day to day assignments/projects and lookmat the great
work she does.

Like wise myself, as well as others I know.  I don't own any other "working
gear" but Leica, M6 & R8s for my assignments, high paying or
otherwise....mostly otherwise of late. :)

Given I've had a few PR / AD's ask, "is that all you have? Where are your
assistants carrying gear and lights?" So I understand what you mean in
image of photographer and camera.

However, my explanation?  "This is it, me and my Leica, the best in the
world!" Then I get right on with the shoot not wasting time on mental
midgets who are more concerned with "photographer image and not the final
production image!"

And in some cases more concern of their own image for hiring a photographer
with a "point and shoot looking camera." :) Not to mention the cost factor,
"You mean we paid that guy with the little camera all that money? My God
what were you thinking of?" :)

I was so ticked off on one shoot dealing with a moron who wanted "flair and
show" that I took two people along for.."Image Factor" and charged the
client $200.00 a day each for 2 assistants just to shut the guy up and get
him outta my face.  Hell they never batted an eye on the invoice. :)

Oh yeah and there was a "guilt factor" walking in with no M6 on my shoulder
then having an assistant hand one to me when I was ready to shoot. :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant