Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Rod Fleming (OT)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 16:58:49 -0800

>Rod Fleming wrote:
>>
>> Let me introduce myself. first. My name is Rod Fleming, and I am a
>> freelance photographer and journalist in Scotland.>>>

Well lad you've joined a bonny good group! Leica users and collectors.
Between them a 2 century and half of experience with the odd discourse on
the wildest subjects you can imagine having absolutely nothing to do with
the leica camera.

However, they are generally a learning experience of some kind. Good, bad
or ugly!

Now given I've been a champion of single malt scotch for many years and the
use of "well worn under shorts for cleaning Leica lenses" you've come to
the right place. :) Hopefully you will support the "scotch drinking Leica
group"

I'm sure if you keep this in mind you'll understand and do well:

"Real Photographers shoot black & white, drink scotch, use Leica and eat Sushi"

I don't want to drag in I'm of highland background and wearing a kilt on
many occasions, which has nothing to do with Leica...but who the hell
cares, as I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself with more Leica information than
you can absorb.

We all do try to be helpful, but on occasion we get abit senile and mean
spirited, but on the whole it's a pretty good group of well leicable folks
who use and collect Leica gear.

Welcome aboard, bring on your questions and experience.:) Some of us are
freelancers like yourself.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant