Subject: [Leica] RE: 75mm f1.4 DOF
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 16:03:30 -0800

- --=====================_94670468==_.ALT

So I guess you are correct, and all of the photographic scholars, photographic
texts, photographic schools, photographic lens manufacturers, and all optical
engineers, are wrong, and have been wrong for the past 150 years... What a blow
to the industry.

Not!!!

Jim

At 10:51 PM 12/1/99 -0500, elisardo louzan wrote:

> Photographic myths are hard to die.
>
> "The longer the focal length, the more depth of field one has in front of the
> target subject and the less you have behind the subject.  Also, the longer
> the lens, the less the total depth of field ..."
> "Depth of field differences between focal lenghts are greatest for image
> sizes smaller than 1:20 and lens openings smaller than f4.  When you're
> working close or at large apertures, changing the lens focal length has
> little effect on depth of field ..."
>
> "Everythig you know is wrong", Copyright Ctein
> PhotoPro September/October 1994 pp 50-51
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert

- --=====================_94670468==_.ALT

So I guess you are correct, and all of the photographic scholars,
photographic texts, photographic schools, photographic lens
manufacturers, and all optical engineers, are wrong, and have been wrong
for the past 150 years... What a blow to the industry.<br>
Not!!!<br>
Jim<br>
At 10:51 PM 12/1/99 -0500, elisardo louzan wrote: <br>
&nbsp;<br>
one has in front of the target subject and the less you have behind the
subject.&nbsp; Also, the longer the lens, the less the total depth of
field ...&quot;</font><br>
&quot;Depth of field differences between focal lenghts are greatest for
image sizes smaller than 1:20 and lens openings smaller than f4.&nbsp;
When you're working close or at large apertures, changing the lens focal
length has little effect on depth of field ...&quot;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
PhotoPro September/October 1994 pp 50-51<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>