Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: 75mm f1.4 DOF
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 08:02:03 -0800

I checked AA's book, The Camera.  At p. 49, he explains that DOF  increases
with the square of the change in distance and decreases with the square of
the change in focal length.  Thus, if you move back twice as far and switch
to a lens with twice the focal length (so you will have the same image size
on film) depth of field remains the same.

Last post on this topic, I promise.

Tom Schofield