Subject: Re: [Leica] Cold camera cold film
From: Voigtgroup@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 08:41:40 EST

As an old Navy photographer, I remember the camera repairmen cold proofing
cameras, both aerial and still (Nikon F's and Leica M3's) by removing all
lubrication from the bodies. They were to be used for extreme cold weather
applications only.

In civilian life, I also remember a non-winterized Nikon F2 freezing up while
my trusty M2 kept right on clicking during a typical many degrees below
freezing day in Minneapolis, MN.

Larry