Subject: RE: [Leica]What do you think of that? Not much!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:21:53 -0000

Jealous that I can't buy one of 400 mechanical objects that was cranked off
an assembly line? Get serious. Jealous that I can't afford to spend a
similar amount of money on a truly beautiful rare thing, such as a work of
art or a handcrafted object of some sort. Or an original print of a
photograph by a great photographer whose work I admire? Perhaps.

And why question the motives of collectors? We seem to question and discuss
just about everything here. And, though I know many LUGers disagree with me,
I am absolutely convinced that the collectors, by paying rediculous prices
to skim off the Leica cream, drive up the price of milk for the rest of
us...