Subject: [Leica] Re: 75mm f1.4
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:20:46 +0100

Hi, folks who enjoy sometimes-unpleasant-but-inseparable relation with a 75
'lux. ;-)

At 2:28 am +0100 30/11/99, Tina Manley wrote:

>I've always had more problems focusing the 75 at 1.4 than the Noctilux at
>1.0.  I was also glad to read that it's not just my eyes or my lens.  I
>even bought a second one just to be sure and, although it's a little easier
>because it's not as stiff, I still have problems focusing it.  The 75 is
>also just an awkward length and weight for me.  I'd love to be able to use
>it because it should be a great people lens. When it hits, it's great, but
>I get more misses than hits with this lens.

What Tina says is exactly what I have been harbouring.

This topic was talked in depth in Feb or Mar if my memory serves.  I am
happy to have the recurrence. ;-)

I now own a 75 'lux, 80 'lux, and Nocti and have been planning to part with
the least used lens for the last one year.  It is the 75 'lux, but it is now
hard to do it, because this lens has given some of "the best images of the
year" although it was used rarely.  Another reason is that it is the
best-build lens that I have.  It gives the best feel with everything
including the built-in hood and focusing ring (silky, not loose, not stiff).
A true artisanal and artistic work.

A Cosina 1:2.8/75 should be nice, but I also want a Summicron 75mm which can
be only a little longer/larger than a Summicron 50mm.

Cheers,

Mikiro
Strasbourg, Europe
http://arbos.silva.net