Subject: Re: [Leica] lens caps - keeping them
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:46:23 +0000

on 29/11/99 6:18 pm, Mark Rabiner at mrabiner@concentric.net wrote:

> "Mueller, Rob" wrote:
>>
>> Ok. Next stupid question:
>>
>> What does everybody use to keep from losing their caps? Do you hold them in
>> your hand or have some device that attaches to the cap and body?

I only ever lose SLR lens caps, cos they're so CHEAP. Leica lens caps being
so expensive, I keep track of them mentally.

Actually, the real solution is either

1) When using a camera bag, they go in the compartment the lens came OUT of.
(My domke 803 is so small it's not a pain to lug around).

2) When not using a camera bag, I wear combat trousers which have two big
baggy pockets --- lightmeter and unexposed film in left hand pocket, lens
caps, lens hoods and exposed film in right hand pocket.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"Continued eloquence wearies" - Pascal