Subject: [Leica] Re: 75mm f1.4
From: "John S Doherty" <dohertyj@eudoramail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:59:31 -0800

 Tom A's note on the 75 was very interesting.  I've had my Canadian version for about one and a half years and have had a very difficult time focusing available light portraits. I've also used the lens for static subjects at greater distances and have produced some of the best transparencies I've ever shot.  I didn't know about the focusing bias Tom mentioned. I assumed I had depth-of-field working to my advantage.  Has anyone else had Tom's experience ?  It would be nice to have an alibi other than my aging eyesight.

John D.