Subject: Re: [Leica] More on Color
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 07:02:09 -0800

At 10:31 AM 11/29/1999 +0100, Alan Hull wrote:
>I think so too.  I have read that 80 per-cent of people dream in black
>and white, and recall past events in black and white.  So I suppose
>that as a photograph is a record of a past event it sits better on the
>psychic if colour is muted.

That's interesting. I think I dream in color most of the time. There are
times when I do but mostly I don't notice. I think we're nostalgic when we
see black and white also becuase history is so well covered in that medium.
WW II was almost exclusively black and white - at least for the famous photos.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

The best pictures differentiate themselves by nuances...a tiny relationship
- - either a harmony or a disharmony - that creates a picture. -Ernst Haas,
"More Joy of Photography"