Subject: Re: [Leica] On color
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:13:11 -0800

At 02:14 PM 11/28/1999 -0800, Roy Feldman wrote:
>The quote everyone remembers from Walker Evans is "Color-photography is
>vulgar"; the part that is seldom quoted is his follow up line:"When the
>point of a picture is precisely its vulgarity or its color-accident
>through man's hand, not God's, then only can color film be used validly."

We're supposed to listen to a guy who never had a chance to really shoot
color with the materials we have today? How about Sam Abell, or Bill
Allard, or Alex Webb, or Eli Reed, or Jodi Cobb, or Ernst Haas, or Jim
Stanfield, or Cole Weston, or Jim Brandenburg, or any other photographer
who has proven Walker Evans wrong with their work?

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.