Subject: Re: [Leica] Pellicle mirrors and the RT
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 12:06:46 -0800

Mike Johnston wrote:

> Mark R.: >>>A EOS RS or a camera with a pellicle would seem to be an
><Snip> see the technology resurface again in the RS.
>
> Incidentally, I liked the RT well enough that I had my cash ready and
> waiting to buy an RS, but was put off at the last minute by the fact
> that the RS has the booster permanently fixed to it, making it a larger
> camera than I prefer. In fact, the regular EOS-1 body is a bit too big
> for me. This is just personal--I simply don't prefer large cameras. If
> the RS had been a pellicle mirror in a regular-sized EOS-1 body, I'd
> probably be using it still. The RT was a fine camera for a realtively
> early-generation AF.
>
> --Mike

Yes this newer Canon seems to be a camera designed for high speed applications.
I remember an add with a sequence of a diver coming off a diving board and into
the water.
I wonder at this point just how much faster it is per second than the newer F5
and Canon cameras?
And if this new camera has the flapping meter arm, probably not.
Mark Rabiner