Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Off to Bali & Amsterdam
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 07:56:35 -0800

At 11:31 PM -0500 11/27/99, LP6@aol.com wrote:

>My wife has printed your very serious warning regarding Monkey behavior
>(i.e., Crime, Theft and Muggings against human beings) on the isle of Bali.
>We shall indeed be careful with our Leicas; especially my chrome M5 (on
>topic!).
>
>It all strikes me as rather amusing now; but in the context you and others
>have describe.... I'll play it safe!   You've evoked all my wife's fading,
>fencing skills and my pseudoparanoia.

Don't let it get you down. Bali is extemely photogenic, and the whole place
is wonderful; especially the people. Only occasionally do you run into the
monkeys, and there are warnings from people and signs.

As other people have noted; try and get into the northern areas. For the
tourist trade, this means everything north of Denpasar. Bali is one of
those places that has learned to live with tourists in a very pleasant
relationship, but the less touristy areas are still to be preferred.

My wife and I will be visiting Bali again this January, and the monkeys
certainly won't deter us from visiting any part. Leicas and Noblex will be
used extensively.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com