Subject: [Leica] Re: Off to Bali & Amsterdam
From: MC Lau <mclau@pc.jaring.my>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 17:24:02 +0800

>Monkey theft on the isle of Bali...now really?

>Kidding "aside"; indeed, I 've heard they prefer Leicas!

>Seriously, I appreciate the LUG response I'm getting to my Bali and Amsterdam
>queries!

While in Bali, watch out for the Balinese split gates.  These gates can be
found at the entrances of almost every shrine, temple, and residence.  With
the right lighting, they make great pictures!

There is a golf course set right in the top of a mountain owned by some
Japanese, by the name of Koseidu (sp ?/)  G&C Club.  It is about 2 hours
from Denpasar by car, and is well worth a visit even if you are not a
golfer.  The setting is serene and peaceful right in the midst of  the
tropical rain forest.   Listening to the prayers and chimes from the
distant  temples is  an unforgettable experience for me!

If you do choice to play golf, however, do abstain from using golf balls of
lemon and orange colour for obvious reason.

Oh well, the monkey should have learnt by now!!

Enjoy your trip!

MC Lau

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/portfolio/mclau/index.htm