Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Off to Bali & Amsterdam
From: Francis Barista Sembiring <semb0001@tc.umn.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 18:11:06 -0600

Hi,

My advice would be:

No photo shop recommendation. Bring everything that you needs from the US.
(I assume you are from the US).

4-14 January is Galungan days. This is the island's most important festival.
At this festival the Balinese honors their ancestors. A lot of temple
festivals and family functions.
Request for a tour to northern Bali, seldom visited by tourists. Area most
affected by Mount Agung  eruption. Different kind of Bali.
Visit Ubud. You can see paddy field, traditional art market, and river view.
For a taste of Balinese food, try Bintang Bali Restaurant. The owner used to
be the chef at Ritz-Carlton and Grand Hyatt.

Bali is quite safe except for certain area: Kuta Beach and Denpasar.
If you request a visit to a traditional market though, most likely you would
be taken to a market in Denpasar.

Have fun in Bali.

Francis Sembiring