Subject: RE: [Leica] problem/new web page
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:13:27 -0800

Nice page.  The occasional expletive really makes it come alive :-)

I agree with Martin about navigating between the pictures.  Having two
buttons per page - a "Next" and a "Back to main page" will do it.  I read
the page a bit differently than Martin did, though.  I like to do all the
text at one sitting, then do the photos.  So for me, having the "Next"
button take you through all the pics in sequence would be a good thing.

Good text/photo balance, but I wouldn't mind a slightly cooler font for the
text (not one of those hard-to-read candyass fonts, though).

On the film problem-  I can't get your big image to load into my browser,
but from the thumbnail on the lead-in page I'd have to say it looks like
local overdevelopment due to high speed developer flow through the sprocket
holes.  I got this years ago when I switched to developing my film in the
dark.  I used a set of 4-reel tanks, and had the reels on a t-bar.  I'd
raise and lower the t-bar to agitate, thereby lifting and dropping the reels
in the soup.  This was the worst possible thing to do (until I learned to
take it reel easy), as it led to the same patterns you're seeing.  I don't
see how your agitation technique could lead to this, but that's what it
looks like.

Paul Chefurka