Subject: Re: [Leica] Heliar metering on M5
From: j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:00:55 -0500 (EST)

>Bonsoir,
>
>  I need a technical information regarding the metering with the M5 camera.
>I am thinking of buying an Heliar (OK...Cosina) 15 mm lens and I m wondering
>if it will meter properly with the M5.  Has anyone tried it?  Is the
>metering arm at a safe distance from the back element?
>
>  Thanks in advance
>
>  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)

Bonsoir Robert,

I think I have read on Stephen Gandy's excellent web site Cameraquest.com
that the 15mm Heliar could not be used on a CL.

If so, I presume it would be the same for the M5.

Go take a look on his site, under PROFILE, Cosina Heliar chapter.

If you can't find his site, go visit my own web site. I have Cameraquest as
a link on my Link page.

My URL is  www.jlda-design.com

Sincerement,

Jacques Leonard