Subject: Re: [Leica] Squares and sabotage
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:20:52 EST

In a message dated 11/23/99 9:05:41 PM, ewelch@neteze.com writes:

<< While this is true, for sure, what is the most sought after job in the
world when it comes to photography?>>

Depends on who you ask. If you ask Joe Six-pack he'd likely tell you he'd
like to be the guy who shoots the Sports Illustrated swimsuit calender or
perhaps a Playboy or Penthouse photographer . . .

<<What utilizes the best photographers in
the world for any given subject? And it doesn't pay anywhere near what an
average stock photographer or commercial or advertising photographer, or
even wedding photographer, can make in a day.

National Geographic. There is one best, for me, and a whole lot of
photographers out there. Not for everyone. But you don't seem to want to
allow people to hold their own opinions. >>

I spend enough time on the road to know I could never cut it as a National
Geographic photographer. Regardless of whether I could rise to the occasion
photographically I know I couldn't handle the extensive travel and the long
stretches away from home. Thanks but no thanks.

Photographically, I think that National Geographic is "somewhat" overrated.
Yes, there is some stunning stuff in there. Some of it is truly amazing. They
also publish stuff that anybody could and would take (but it always seems to
look great on their pages). Occasionally they publish stuff that I would
throw in the trash can. Different tastes for different folks I guess. On the
other hand, they're making the big bucks and I'm not . . .

Bob (who dares to question Geographic) McEowen