Subject: [Leica] Re: Squares and sabotage
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:37:01 -0700

On 23 Nov 99, Dan Cardish wrote, at least in part:

<snip>

> But the reverence for environmental portraiture you refer to
> applies equally to photojournalism.  There seems to be this core
> element of the LUG that thinks photojournalism is next to
> godliness.   And I simply don't think it deserves it any more
> than any other form of photography.

Agree about the "core", Dan. It's easy, however, in my mind, to
understand. This list is certainly more M oriented than R, and M
folk, like me, tend to think of the M as supremely constructed and
best qualified for photojournalism.

Old fogey that I am, from an era when photography, let alone
photojournalism, was not thought of, by many, as art much less
fine art, it is still common for me to think of my M as my 'street
machine'. This, of course, implies that my R is the device that
makes great art.  ROTFL!

- --
Roger (whose only photographic talent is that of a properly
appreciative viewer of the truly talented's work)

- --
Roger
Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica