Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: SLR Revolution
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:58:54 -0700

On 17 Nov 99, Marc James Small wrote, at least in part:

> But the REAL "Revolution" was still in '49, when Nerwin's Contax S
> was introduced, and the young and innovative photographers began to
> snap up these SLR's.

The point is, simply, that the revolution didn't happen until the
Nikon F. The beginning must be in place before the happening, but
the happening doesn't have to happen. If something like the F had
not come along the beginning might never have become a
happening.

This is getting like "not guilty being different than innocent"! It is
sad that the citizenry have allowed their lives to become so
complex that attorneys are needed to help them through their
daily affairs. Yeah, I know, two different subjects...

- --
Roger
Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica