Subject: Re: [Leica] Hammersley's Cricket Shoes at al.
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:17:10 -0500

At 09:05 AM 11/20/1999 +0000, Mike Johnston wrote:
>Aren't you the same guy who was
>insisting last week that the Leica reps who said they monitored the LUG
>don't necessarily do so, as their business is telling you what you want
>to hear? As I deal with advertisers and their concerns all the time, day
>in and day out, let me just assure you that not all advertisements are
>infallible sources of objective information. <g>

Yes, and that is what I am saying now, as well.  My statements are
consistent with each other.  Trust me on this one:  when Adams taught at
the Leica Schools, he did NOT use a Zeiss Ikon Contax nor any of his LF
gear.  He used Leica.  My point was that Adams was a long-time Leica owner
and user.

The R4, incidentally, was introduced in 1980.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!