Subject: [Leica] Repairs et al via Camera Wiz
From: "Jim Shulman" <garcia@chesco.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:23:26 -0500

Hello Bob!

Well, the word from the repair shop (Camera Wiz) is that the Canon 7 should
be back in my grubby paws by the beginning of December.  It indeed did need
a CLA, and may also require a RF replacement.  Fortunately, Frank has a
spare RF which he can use for parts.

When is this Mass Leica Day scheduled?  I may be up in Mass the weekend of
the 3-5, and would love to come over for a winder rumor.

Incidentally, my friend locally who had the Tower/Nicca 5L SOLD THE DARN
THING BEFORE HE GOT THE REPAIR INFO!  Worst of all, he did so without
telling me (I would have bought it, since it was perfect save for the
shutter, which required the sort of attention that all 40 year old shutters
do.)

In the interim, I've acquired two other camera outfits:  A Retina Reflex III
with 28, 35, 50, 85, 135, and 200 mm lenses (and a CLA recently by George
Mrus, Retina maven), as well as a 1940s 16mm Kodak Cine Special II with
(hold your breath), 15, 25, 40, 63, 102, and 153mm lenses, filters, and
handy carrying truss.  Now I search for even vaguely affordable 16mm film!
And yes, still no word on the Leica IIIc outfit!  I'll have to send him an
e-mail again.....

All best,
Jim Shulman