Subject: Re: [Leica] Pros, Leicas, and losing market share.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:44:24 -0800

At 02:35 PM 11/16/99 -0800, Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:
>Even look at Nat Geo.  Pop Photo had a write up on
>their photogs and found that a great many (more than half) have moved away
>from the Leica M camera.  WHY!  Because with an SLR, what you see is what
>you get.  No compromise.

They are full of crap. Bill Allard dabbled with the EOS system, and tossed
it and went back to Leica. Pop Photo has always had an anti-rangefinder
bias. Thanks to ol' what's his name who's been there since Matthew Brady.
The Leica M is still very popular with National Geographic photographers. I
can name a bunch of them who still use the Leica M. I can't think of more
than one or two who gave it up.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch