Subject: Re: Bulk Film, was: Re: [Leica] brick, INVENTORY
From: MicroGrid@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:13:16 EST

bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<<
 > In a message dated 11/16/99 7:02:38 AM, jborden@mediaone.net writes:
 >
 > >Am I the only one who uses the Watson bulk film loader? You
 > get about 18
 > >36
 > >
 > >exp rolls in a 100 foot roll which works out to about $2 per
 > roll. A big

 You're not the only one. I bulk load almost all my XP2-Super - and haven't
 had a scratch problem (despite using M6s ;-) ). Although I will admit I've
 occasionally had cassettes pop when dropped....

 B. D. >>

I bulk loaded 20 years ago, and when my cameras reemerged form their
hibernation, I began again. Since my M4 is my B&W camera, I use Leica
cassettes, no problem with dropping, (except for my toes), nor scratches.

This entered into my debate over a M5 or M6. I thought I read somewhere,
probably here that I could buy an M4 base plate, and it would function on an
M6.

Correct?