Subject: Re: [Leica] How to read a balance sheet
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:05:51 -0800

No doubt the people people losing their jobs in Solms (whether it's
called cut backs or layoffs) will be happy to know that the R sales
declines of its  new heavily invested  R&D signature product has so
little to do with their non employment.  I wonder if they agree with
Erwin.

It's also nice to know Erwin does not defend  Leica against all odds, yet
I don't  recall  any  Erwin post concerning Leica management or policies,
where he did not defend or agree with them.   It seems to me that cool
analysis demands freedom from a single point of view.

Stephen Gandy