Subject: RE: [Leica] pukka (was NY Photo Expo: A talk with Leica
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:13:06 -0500

Pukka is used in English (at least post-colonial Canadian English) to denote
something as authentic is a degrogatory fashion.  Calling something a pukka
Leica is not a complement.

There are many words in English that are not true English words but through
usage have attained "honorary status" as English.  Probably the most obvious
example of this is the word "gullable" which really isn't English at all but
is really Russian.  Don't believe me? Look it up!

Jonathan (Suffering from too much LTM) Lee