Subject: RE: [Leica] Improving IIIf r/f contrast -- cheapskate version?
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:43:05 -0500

Steve,

Here's a trick that I've used to great sucess with the Kalart rangefinder on
my Crown Graphic:

The secret to a visible rangefinder is a realtive difference in intensity
between the veiwing window and the rangefinder.  Therefore you can make the
rangefinder appear brighter by decreasing the intensity of the viewing port.
Try taping a neutral density-type filter over the viewer. I used some
grayish mylar that I found in an art store.  Maybe this can be combinded
with the coloured filter over the viewing glass.

Good luck.

JOnathan Lee