Subject: RE: [Leica] Canon 85 1.9 ltm chrome?
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 16:08:45 -0500

Its a nice lens. Be sure to use a shade to minimize flare.

It is a solid, steel lens which is somewhat hefty. My main complaint is that
the f stop adjustment is stiff and hence tends to turn the focus heliod. I
have compensated for this by holding the focus ring with my left hand and
adjusting the focus by holding the base of the lens with my right hand and
then moving to the f-stop ring with my right hand before taking the shot.
Depite this, it is a great bargain and makes a terrific available light
portrait lens.

Jonathan Borden