Subject: Re: [Leica] Hexar RF
From: "Pete Su" <psu@esgear.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 11:58:53 -0500

Having used both of these cameras extensively, I can't agree. Just the fact
that the Hexar allows for manual exposure makes it more useful than a
Stylus.

For B&W shooting, the 1/250th isn't too bad with Tri-X, since a stop or two
overexposure never hurt anything that much. Its more of a problem with
slides, of course. Its more than fast enough to stop any action you might
shoot with this camera, or with the Stylus for that matter.

The available manual controls on the Hexar, its quietness, and the huge
beautiful viewfinder more than compensate for its limitations. Its as close
to an electronic autofocus M6 as you are going to get in the current market.

Personally, I think if the Hexar RF has a decent viewfinder, it combined
with an M6 .85 and an original Hexar would be a great team, and the 3 bodies
together still weigh less than an F5.

Pete