Subject: [Leica] battery dependance
From: Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 22:14:10 -0400

Luggers:

Several of you keep mentioning battery dependance as a kiss of death
for a camera. Cameras are film dependent too, but you bring extra,
don't you?

Many years ago I always had an FM in my Nikon bag just in case the
batteries ran out. But when I hadn't used it in 18 months, I realized
it was because I also carried extra batteries and sold it.

My Leica Ms will work without batteries, but I still have a spare
battery for my incident meter. Lithium batteries are good in your bag
for 10 years and weight ounces. There are reasons not to use  many
camera, or tools for that matter, but given current technology,
battery dependance is a not one of them.

What will you say to your physician when the time comes for a
pacemaker. "Sorry doc, I don't want that thing, it's battery
dependant!"

What's the big deal?

Tom

Thomas Kachadurian