Subject: Re: [Leica] mainstream thinking
From: Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:09:48 -0400

Erwin:

I can't disagree with anything you say, except this:

>If the M6 is obsolete so are almost all rollfilm rangefinders by
>Mamiya and Fuji. And the Hasselblad etc.<

In terms of modern features the camera you've named have many, many
more than the M6. But, (a point which supports your agrument) those
modern features don't really matter in terms of sales. The Fuji RF
are even auto focus, but it hasn't helped their sales much, you can
buy used ones for a song. I constantly see Mamiya 7s for sale that
are almost unused because the owners just couldn't cozy up to a
rangefiner. I love rangefinders, but If I could only own 1 camera, it
just could be a rangefinder.

Tom

Thomas Kachadurian
www.kachadurian.com