Subject: [Leica] SLING
From: Lutz Konermann <lutzkonermann@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 20:11:29 -0500

Hi fellow-LUGers,

I was instructed that Friday is the right pitching day for what I've got
to share with you. So here's another call for your kind attention.

I have been photographing for 27 years. Switched to cinematography and
later on to directing films. Since I have always had a passion for design
and innovation and rediscovered the Leica M recently, I put my brains
together to figure out how this wonderful but heavy gem could be handled
more easily and safely, at the same time fostering its unique qualities.
(I think it's hard to find a camera that is as sturdy, precise and
inconspicuous. A camera that can get as close at people without
intruding, frightening or even offending - and can for all these fore
mentioned reasons record their story as truly.)

Although it may seem difficult to improve an almost perfect tool as the
Leica M, I still had a try and developed that little helper I baptized
the SLING. When I found it, I first thought this could be a major hit
seller for ALL of the photo world, until I discovered, that it is JUST
perfect for the RF Leicas, due to their specific position of the neck
strap eyelets. And since for me it worked I thought it selfish not to let
you participate.

As you will easily understand, at a shareware price of $ 10 I will never
get rich on it (this SLING biz is more about David challenging Goliath...
:-) and the price may seem even too ridiculous to Leica users for the
item to be taken seriously. But I won't ask more for it.
I will even offer LUGers a discount, valid thru the rest of the
millennium. If you take two, I will give them to you for $ 15 - if you
order three, they will be $ 20 only. Just mention LUG in your order.

To make you even more curious, here is some feedback from those of you
who already got their's:

>The SLING arrived yesterday in the mail.  Thank you, I have put it on fairly
>easily, and it seems to do the trick.  The Sling will allow me to be even more
>discreet with my photography.  And you can quote me on that.
>Regards,
>Eric L.
>Washington, D.C.

>Hallo Lutz Konermann,
>Meine Anerkennung fuer die Idee und die Herstellung dieses sehr nuetzlichen
>Zubehoers.
>Mit freundlichen Gruessen
>Heinz W.
>Germany

>Lutz: Thanks, I love it!
>Fernando L. R.
>Macon, GA

>Your sling is so cool!
>Thanks
>Cary P.
>Fayetteville, AR

>Love the SLING! Neatest gizmo for a Leica in a long time. Good luck Lutz.
>Mike B.
>Northfield, MN

>Great product! Used it today and it was worth every penny! Thanks Lutz!
>Cyrus K.
>Switzerland

Ready? Go see and read all the rest about it:

http://www.konermann.net/sling.html

Yours,
Lutz (SLING Guy) Konermann