Subject: [Leica] Re: Starburst in Summicron 35 asp
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 05:12:42 -0600

At 02:30 PM 12/11/99 +0700, you wrote:

<excerpt>I recently purchased a new 35 asp Summicron and have been taking
great photos with my M6. However I noticed that each time I take photos
with bright lights in them (eg.bulb), I see a star burst effect at the
light source. Is this effect normal? Is there something wrong with my
lens? I prefer to have light sources as a point of light and if I needed
the star effect I can use a filter to create it.

Can other more experienced Luggers please comment?

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

This is not uncommon when using small apertures.  Other lenses do this as
well.  If you want to avoid this, use a slower film, a fast shutter speed
or a neutral density filter so that you can open up the lens aperture a
few stops.