Subject: [Leica] Veteran's day and Rememberance Day
From: "Cartographer" <larsplan@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 01:29:39 -0800

Best wishes on this day of remembrance.

I shot a couple of rolls of Pan F today at out local parade using the M6.  To
set the scene, I live near a town with a service area of about 45,000 people.
In my local California culture, today is a big day.  The parade had 150
entries.  The route was about 1/2 mile.  I estimate that the attendance was
between 8,500 and 12,500 (hard to estimate because the people were lined up 5
and 6 deep on both sides of the parade route).

This is the first time in about 20 years that I have taken pictures by putting
a 35mm lens on the camera, zone focusing, and then holding the camera over my
head at arms-length.  (That's because I was trying to walk the parade and
there were at least 6 people always in front of me).  The negatives are just
out of the soup and I find that I am not aiming the camera down far enough in
a lot of the shots.  All of the shots are rather prosaic and won't win any
awards.  But I find that the local bands and non-profits really appreciate an
8 x10 of their efforts.

Next time, I'll do better.  In the meantime, I think that the RF is one of the
few cameras that you can comfortably hold at arms length over your head and
not expire from the weight or clumsiness.

Regards, Bill