Subject: [Leica] $40 for a stinking lens cap!
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:54:54 -0000

Bob McEowen <Ruralmopics@aol.com> wrote:

>A Leica M rear cap (14269) for $30!
You've got to be kidding me. That is absolutely ridiculous. It's not
even
that nice of a cap. A front cap (14133) for $40! Who's kidding who?
It's just
molded plastic. If Leica can't farm out the manufacture of plastic
lens caps
so that they could be sold for less than $40 the company DESERVES to
go out
of business . . .

When I bought a couple of caps from a London dealer earlier this year,
the poor guy actually apologised about the price! He was a Leica
dealer, but seemed to think such prices unreasonable...

But I remember someone inviting the LUG to remember the price they'd
had to pay for a replacement part last time a bit of plastic on their
car broke.

Regards,

Doug Richardson