Subject: Re: [Leica] Hexar RF...Good News...Bad News
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:37:40 -0800

At 01:41 PM 11/11/99 -0500, TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:
>If you
>ask the younger crowd of photographers, they are almost surprised that the
>Leica is still being made! At ICP in NYC among 25 students, 2 owned Leica's
>and the picture is similar at most every "Photographic" educational facility.
>All right, the price of a Leica M puts it out of reach to most students, but
>there seems to be no "lusting" after the M either

Tom,

In the journalism school scene I can tell you the Leica M6 is a highly
coveted camera. And more and more of them are buying them. And if the M6 is
too expensive, something less expensive. I've been surprised to see how
many have them, and how many more want them. Other photography schools I'm
sure you're right. They're probably more interested in Hasselblads, Rolleis
and 4x5 cameras.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now